Posted by chantra on August 2nd, 2007
Pidgin 2.1.0 was released on the 29th of July 2007. Thanks to steven for contacting me and asking me when it would be in the repository.
So here it comes, package for Ubuntu Feisty fawn.
There a few GUI changes in this release. The official changelog is:
Pidgin and Finch: The Pimpin' Penguin IM Clients That're Good for the Soul
version 2.1.0 (07/28/2007):
* Core changes to allow UIs to use second-granularity for scheduling.
Pidgin and Finch, which use the glib event loop, were changed to use
g_timeout_add_seconds() on glib >= 2.14 when possible. This allows
glib to better group our longer timers to increase power efficiency.
(Arjan van de Ven with Intel Corporation)
* No longer linkifies screennames containing @ signs in join/part
notifications in chats
* With the HTML logger, images in conversations are now saved.
NOTE: Saved images are not yet displayed when loading logs.
* Added support for QIP logs to the Log Reader plugin (Michael Shkutkov)
* Ensure only one copy of Pidgin is running with a given configuration
directory. The net effect of this is that trying to start Pidgin a
second time will raise the buddy list. (Gabriel Schulhof)
* Undo capability in the conversation window
* The formatting toolbar has been reorganized to be more concise.
* A new status area has been added to the top of conversations to
provide additional detail about the buddy, including buddy icon,
protocol and status message.
* Show idle times in the buddy list as days, hours, seconds
* There's support for workspaces now (details in the manpage)
* There's a new custom window manager, Irssi
* Some improvements for tab-completion, tooltip and the password entries
* Some bugs regarding search results fixed
* A new DBus-script to create a docklet for finch
* Support for showing empty groups in the buddy list (Eric Polino)
To install pidgin 2.1 on Ubuntu Feisty, please go to Debuntu's Repository and follow the instruction there.